This blog was brought about by one and ONLY one thing - BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE.

Join my journey as a young housewife in another country armed only with limited articles of clothing and a good sense of practicality against the ever-changing four seasons. My personal challenge is to survive a year with just the things I came with. Emergency clothes purchases should not go above $10.

Help me by following my blog and holding me accountable on this self-imposed challenge.

Timer starts now!

2/28/2011

I love Salvos

Back when I was in Manila, not a month would pass by without me having a trip to an Ukay-Ukay spot with my girlfriends. You'd be surprised with what you'll find there (but I will do a separate post for that).

When I got here though, I do not know how to get my Ukay fix! I am so itching to go to an Ukay (or something similar) to get ready for winter! (Winter wear is just too much for my wallet right now).

Thank God they have a place here called SALVOS (short for Salvation Army or Ukay Spot for me!)

I found this amazing emerald green wool jacket.



It reminds me of Jackie-O! The cut is so like her! Classic and Clean silhouette!

Bag from Susana (I think this is from Bayo or Divisoria); Charles and Keith Camel Booties and Zara Jeans



For only $20 I have a well-rounded coat/ trench. A brand new of this baby would probably retail for $50-85. This definitely is a good buy!



Wear it buttoned with a sweet dress and tights inside and you are ready for an English tea! Pair it with your jeans and killer boots and off you go to paint the night red!



2 comments:

  1. i love your coat... the color the style... and especially the price! spot on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Cris =) And thanks for dropping by too!

    ReplyDelete